We've received positive signals... AND LOTS OF INQUIRIES... since last week's update.
• CIA membership is NOT YET open for next year. We need to sync our program with the Chelsea Supporters program (the old True Blue) and that is not open yet. Hopefully by June 1.
The positive signals from CFC:
• Membership Soon: CFC indicate their Chelsea Supporters program (old True Blue) will open in the next few weeks.
• Returning to Normal Policies: CFC are working forward on the premise that fans will be welcomed back en masse next season. Exact date is obviously fluid.
Changes next season at CFC:
• Ticket pick up at Stamford Bridge 'match day only': Should you be going to a game at Stamford Bridge by using your 'overseas supporters membership' (and likely through CIA), THERE IS ONE BIG CHANGE: Chelsea will only distribute tickets on match day. You can no longer stop by a day or two before to pick them up.
Why? Because they are trying to cut down on people who purchase these 'face price' incredible tickets and then immediately post them for resell on the web. It just takes one abuser to make things inconvenient for everyone. We'll now have to 'queue' before hitting pubs on match day.
• Standing in Shed End and Matthew Harding Lower: These are now 'standing' areas with safety rails added. This has reduced capacity in those areas and will likely mean a few less total seats in those stands for overseas supporters. Tickets do still also remain for the East Stand and West Stand for those seeking to sit.
No word yet on changes to away ticketing so we believe that will remain a total of 50 overseas tickets per PL game and they will be mailed to the users to ensure they are not resold.
• What's Next: As soon as we get official word from CFC's plans for Supporters Groups, we will will open Chelsea in America membership for 2021-22.
We'll email current members. Those new supporters seeking to join should check back here or follow the CIA Twitter, Facebook and Instagram pages.